For Families, Allies, and Young Adults

In this section:

Need Help Now?

Call 911, go to the emergency room, or call the local crisis line services if you need them.

24/7 Suicide Prevention & Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Local Crisis Lines

Most counties in Oregon have their own local crisis line.

This list is arranged alphabetically by county

  • Baker County (541) 519-7126
  • Benton County 1-888-232-7192
  • Clackamas County (971) 244-4635
  • Clatsop County (503) 325-5724
  • Columbia County (503) 397-5211 or 1-866-866-1426
  • Coos County (541) 266-6800
  • Crook County (541) 322-7500, #9
  • Curry County 1-877-519-9322
  • Deschutes County (541) 322-7500, #9
  • Douglas County (541) 530-2834
  • Gilliam County (541) 676-9161
  • Grant County (541) 676-9161
  • Harney County (541) 573-8376
  • Hood River, Wasco, & Sherman Counties Weekdays: Hood River (541) 386-2620; The Dalles (541) 296-5452; Evenings & Weekends: (541) 296-6307 all areas
  • Jackson County (541) 774-8201
  • Jefferson County (541) 322-7500, #9
  • Josephine County (541) 474-5360
  • Klamath County (541) 883-1030
  • Lake County (541) 573-8376
  • Lane County Weekdays: (458) 205-7070; Evenings & Weekends: (541) 510-5088
  • Lincoln County Weekdays (541) 574-5960; Evenings & Weekends 1-888-232-7192
  • Linn County Weekdays: (541) 967-3866 or 1-800-304-7468; Evenings & Weekends: 1-800-560-5535
  • Malheur County (541) 523-5903
  • Marion County (503) 585-4949
  • Morrow County (541) 676-9161
  • Multnomah County (503) 988-4888 or 1-800-716-9769
  • Polk County Weekdays: (503) 623-9289, #1; Evenings & Weekends: (503) 581-5535 or 1-800-560-5833
  • Tillamook County (503) 842-8201 or 1-800-962-2851
  • Umatilla County (541) 240-8030
  • Union County (541) 962-8800
  • Wallowa County (541) 398-1175
  • Washington County EASA Participants: (971) 244-4635; Not enrolled in EASA: (503) 291-9111
  • Wheeler County (541) 676-9161
  • Yamhill County Weekdays: (503) 434-7523; Evenings & Weekends: 1-800-560-5535

For a complete list of crisis contacts within Oregon, please visit the list of crisis services.

Refer to EASA

Are you or someone you know a young person experiencing psychosis? Please call these numbers to make an appointment with your nearest EASA team to receive information and support:

  • Baker County (541) 523-3646
  • Benton County (541) 223-4666
  • Clackamas County (503) 496-3201, #1244 or (503) 710-8843
  • Clatsop County (503) 298-7416 or (503) 325-0241, Ext. #262
  • Columbia County (503) 397-5211, #128
  • Coos County (541) 266-6769
  • Curry County (541) 373-0279
  • Deschutes, Crook, & Jefferson Counties (541) 213-6851
  • Douglas County (541) 440-3532 or 1-800-866-9780
  • Grant, Gilliam, Morrow, & Wheeler Counties (541) 676-9161
  • Harney & Lake Counties (541) 573-8376
  • Hood River, Wasco, & Sherman Counties (541) 296-5452, #4330
  • Jackson County (541) 770-7768
  • Josephine County (541) 244-3138
  • Klamath County (541) 883-1030
  • Lane County (458) 205-7070
  • Lincoln County (541) 265-4179
  • Linn County (541) 974-7946
  • Malheur County (541) 889-9167
  • Marion County (503) 576-4690
  • Multnomah County (503) 988-3272
  • Polk County (503) 623-9289, Ext. #2455
  • Tillamook County (503) 842-8201 or 1-800-962-2851
  • Umatilla County Pendleton: (541) 276-6207, Hermiston: (541) 567-2536
  • Union County (541) 962-8800
  • Wallowa County (541) 426-0811
  • Washington County (503) 705-9999
  • Yamhill County (503) 583-5527

Find Help in the U.S.

If you or someone you know is a young person experiencing psychosis outside Oregon, you can find a program near you in the Early Psychosis Directory.

Search the Directory Spreadsheet here >> or search the Google Map here >>

To add, remove, or edit information in the Early Psychosis Directory, please use this form >>

Resources for Living

Community Resources

Project ABLE: A Better Life Experience

Project ABLE is a great friend of EAST and a fantastic place to both volunteer and to gain support and knowledge.

Oregon GEAR UP

Wondering how to pay for college? Check out Oregon GEAR UP for lots of great resources.

County Resource Directory - 211Info

211info is a private, non-profit organization that maintains a website of Oregon and SW Washington community information that is searchable by county.

Employment Resources

Oregon Employment Department

Check out the Oregon Employment Department's website to learn more about living wage jobs in your community.
You can use the "Occupation Explorer" tool to search for high-wage, high demand positions, to see what kind of training you need, and to see who's hiring.

Resume Writing: Think Beyond the Label

Want some awesome ideas about writing your resume? Thinking about when and whether to disclose a disability? Visit Think Beyond the Label's website for some great ideas.

U.S. Department of Labor's Disability Program Navigator (DPN) Initiative

Provides information for employers and individuals with disabilities who are seeking or maintaining employment or training.

What Career Should You Choose?

Visit Reality Check, sponsored by the Oregon Career Information System. It will walk you through the decisions you will need to make about the lifestyle you want to live, and help you decide what career will support that lifestyle. You will need your CIS (Career Information System) password to access this site. Check with your EASA team to obtain the EASA password.

Higher Education

Make a Difference in a Mental Health Career

For those looking to bolster the ranks of mental health professionals, this guide explores career paths where you can make a positive and lasting impact. It also provides a comprehensive review of major mental health disorders, including warning signs and volunteer opportunities. If you want to become a shining light for someone battling the darkness of mental illness, this is where you begin.

Financial Assistance

Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) Match Your Savings 3:1!

IDAs are a useful tool for low income individuals interested in purchasing, repairing or modifying a home, saving for school or training, or purchasing equipment or technology in support of an employment plan. Participants select an asset goal, attend financial education classes and save to achieve their savings goal.

Neighborhood Economic Development

NEDCO is a private, non-profit Community Development Corporation that has a history of helping neighborhoods and families build assets through homeownership, neighborhood revitalization, and business development.

Oregon Tax Exemption Information

Oregon tax exemption information for parents with students who are on IEPs.

Oregon Lifeline (Oregon Telephone Assistance Program)

The Oregon Public Utility Commission (PUC) manages the Oregon Lifeline program. If you qualify, this federal and state government assistance program reduces your monthly residential/landline or wireless phone bill by $12.75.

Health Care

"The Sex Talk"

An entertaining and informative video by Thomas Ridgewell that provides basic sex education.

A College Student's Guide to Avoiding Substance Abuse

Addiction, Recovery and Navigating Substance Use Culture on Campus.

Nutrition Info

A collection of useful info and articles on how to keep your mind and body healthy through good nutrition.

*FREE* Phone Apps for Wellness:

Breathe2Relax - Stress management
Pacifica - Stress/Anxiety
My Strength - Mood balance, calming
Mindshift - Teens/Anxiety
PTSD Coach - Designed for Veterans
Daylio Diary Mood Tracker - Anxiety/Depression
The Worry Box - Anxiety/Depression

Legal System

Emerging Adults. Psychosis, and the Legal System

Posted March 2015
Maria Bonacci, Michelle Roberts, Elinor Taylor, Tamara Sale
This tip sheet, authored by EASA staff, has info for support individuals in case a person with psychosis has a crisis and/or interaction with law enforcement.


Did you know you can appeal an insurance company's decision to deny or pay less than a filed claim? The Oregon Division of Financial Regulation has insurance experts to help you with the appeals process and advocate for your rights regarding insurance.

Young adults under 26 now qualify to remain on their parents' health isurance.

Insurance Options

1. Private insurance through an employer or higher education institution. Insurance coverage should be an important consideration in choosing an employer.

2. Private or military-sponsored insurance as a dependent
  • If a person is dependent on parents and under the age of 24, they are usually eligible for insurance under their parents' coverage.
  • If a person is over age 24 and disabled, many plans have a provision for continuing insurance. Review your plan to see if this applies to you. Documentation from a psychiatrist will be required.
3. Oregon Medical Insurance Pool (OMIP). OMIP offers coverage for people who have been turned down for insurance due to a medical condition or who have lost their eligibility for health insurance after leaving an employer (you must apply within 63 days of losing health insurance to be eligible). For more information, see

4. Oregon Health Plan or "OHP" (See or call 1-800-359-9517).
  • Oregon Health Plan Standard. This program provides health insurance to people based on income. However, the number of people covered is limited due to legislative budget cuts. Call to check on whether it is possible to apply.
  • Oregon Health Plan Plus.
    This program provides coverage for people who:
    • Are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for a disability and have no other insurance.
    • Qualify under "Presumptive Disability" (formerly General Assistance; the financial benefit of General Assistance was eliminated by the legislature, but the insurance benefit remains). This category is for people who have applied for SSI and are waiting for their application to be processed by the Social Security Administration (SSA). Once you have submitted an application to SSA, call your local Senior and Disabled Services Office and ask to apply for "Presumptive Disability" or "General Assistance".
    • Qualify under the "Employed Persons with Disabilities" (EPD) program: People who meet the federal definition of disability but who are now working and earning a minimum level of income are eligible for EPD, which provides OHP Plus. For more information go to The application process goes through Senior and Disabled Services Division.
    • Qualify under another category such as foster child or Child Health (applications directly to OHP; if you call OHP, they can help you sort out whether you qualify).


Affording Medications (PDF)

Immigrant Support

Immigration Legal Services (PDF)

Servicios Legales en espaƱol (PDF)